× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help all in one computer not recognizing nighthawk rax40

schlagdog
Tutor

Help all in one computer not recognizing nighthawk rax40

hello, we replaced our router and is setup, all devices such as cell phones, tablets and another computer are all connected via wi-fi except mine. My computer will not recognize the router and its in the same room.  Is there a download software update on this site for this router. Any recommendations on how to get this setup. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
myersw
Master

@schlagdog wrote:

hello, we replaced our router and is setup, all devices such as cell phones, tablets and another computer are all connected via wi-fi except mine. My computer will not recognize the router and its in the same room.  Is there a download software update on this site for this router. Any recommendations on how to get this setup. 

Thank you for your assistance.

This is probably a computer issue and not the router. What is the computer? Windows PC or MAC? How are you connecting? Does the computer see the wireless to connect to it. Are you using the same SSID as before? If so forget it and then reconnect. 

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@schlagdog wrote:

Is there a download software update on this site for this router.

https://netgear.com/support     type yourmodel umber, like RAX40, and select it - you get https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX40.aspx ...already two updates the last two days.

Ref your own computer pleae provide a little bit more information. In the same room, location allowing, better use a network cable anyway.

Message 3 of 6
schlagdog
Tutor

computer is a Dell desktop with an intel processor, the wifi card is an intel dual band wireless AC 3165.  Computer does not see the wifi network but  all other devices in the home even another dell computer does recognize the rax40 but not mine.  i have worked with geeksquad on the phone, remote sessions and even went into the store to have them look at my pc.  Still not solved.  the latest firmwear updates to the router have been made today and the computer still does not recognize it on the wifi.  i've tried to login to the router as directed but that brings me directly to reset the password...strange but it does not recognize the answers to the security quetions either so I do not know when geek squad was working on this remotely if they screwed up the login information for the router but still all other devices are working on the wifi.  i am currently hard wired to the router to be on the internet.  I have even 'forget" the old network thinking maybe that might be causing an issue but that did not solve the issue. I had manually entered the network information too and that did not solve the issue. i believe it has to do with the network card.  this is a very odd issue. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 6
schlagdog
Tutor

problem solved....i went to intel.com and downloaded an update to the network wifi driver for windows 10 that was avaliable and could not believe it...it solved the problem.  my computer now recognizes the wifi network, able to log on wirelessly...wow i am amazed that i figured this out and geeksquad couldn't.  i am in the wrong field.  

Thank you to those that responded to may post. 

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

After reading Dell and Inhell WiFi adapter - that would have been the next suggestion. Dell is poor as their built-in device driver kits are not updating automatically - even if they might have the very similar Intel driver in their support downloads btw.

Great you figured it and have your system up on the wireless with the new router! 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7