× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help with WAN Aggregation Setup - CM1100 and RAX120

NorcalGuy80
Tutor

Help with WAN Aggregation Setup - CM1100 and RAX120

Hello,

Just recently got a new RAX120 and trying to get it setup with my CM1100 modem.

Everything is working so far, was able to get the router setup, internet is working, Wifi is good, but can't seem to get WAN aggregation working.

- Router is updated to latest firmware

- Have LAN 1 Port on CM1100 going to WAN/INTERNET port on RAX120

- Have LAN 2 Port on CM1100 going to LAN 1 on RAX120

- Have gone into setup and chosen "WAN aggregation"

- Whenever I hit apply and it goes to make the changes it comes back with: "Error: Unable to establish WAN aggregation."

- Both port lights are lit on my CM1100 and there's no loop process happening or anything / both are lit solid as if functioning normally, not flashing or anything

Really not sure what I'm doing wrong. Have read through many other threads and followed the same process yet I can't seem to get it to work even when repeating the steps others have tried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
NorcalGuy80
Tutor

Never mind...figured it out. 

Did not realize you had to enable the port aggregation on the modem itself. Feel pretty stupid right now.  Smiley Frustrated

Everyting is working now! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
NorcalGuy80
Tutor

Never mind...figured it out. 

Did not realize you had to enable the port aggregation on the modem itself. Feel pretty stupid right now.  Smiley Frustrated

Everyting is working now! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7