× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Horrible upload speeds/inconsistencies AX8

fgmnt
Follower

Horrible upload speeds/inconsistencies AX8

I've had the AX8 for a few months now and I never get the upload speeds I'm paying for. We have a 200 down 10 up line.

The download speed and range is phenomneal on a 4500 sq foot house, I get great coverage and 200mbps+ everywhere, but I never get the upload speed. It's either 8 all the way down to 1, but NEVER 10. Doing a Speedtest from the router firmware shows the perfect 200 down 10 up, but anything connected to Wi-Fi gets bad upload from Speedtest.com or Fast.com teststing.

I've made sure the firmware is up to date. I've done numerous factory resets. I've done Wi-Fi scans for congestion and tried many different channels where I know there are no other neighboring networks. QOS is off, Smart Connect is off, and I've even tried to see if disabling AX features would make a difference.

All the devices I've tested with were either AX devices (iPhone 11 Pro/new iPad Pro), or several different AC laptops. It can't be the signal if I'm constantly getting the 200 download speed, right? Is there anything else I can try? We don't really notice an issue when using upload speed except for video chatting, where it seems to start dropping packets (Zoom, FaceTime, etc) after being connected for a few minutes until it drops completely.

I'm really really hoping someone can help with this or can share a similar experience before I just return this.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7