× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Horrible wifi speeds + occasional drop of Internet

tradyan
Aspirant

Horrible wifi speeds + occasional drop of Internet

Hello all, 

I just purchased the RAX120, and I am really struggeling, for 2 reason 

1) My 2019 MBP is alternbatinav betweeen 10mb/s to 50 at the most. My iphone 11 pro is at the same time on 80 / 90, upload speed being the same (also that crap, 20 while mi line is 40 and the google pucks always maxed this upload speed at 38-40) 

2) Occasionally it just decides its not playing ball any longer, it cuts the internet and all goes offline. After a short period ot time its all up and running again. 

There are 12 dedvices connected, most the them sonos. Its a PPoP 100/40 connection I have. 

Any ideas what I could tweak to make this work? I am within the 30 days so hope for some help, otherwise I need to sent this back

Thanks

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tradyan,

Welcome to the community! 

1) Would you mind letting us know if you have AX WiFi or Smart Connect enabled/disabled? 

2) Does the router's power turn off during this time or is it just the internet going offline? And for how long? 

You may also try getting in contact with our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support using the link below:

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
tradyan
Aspirant

Hi Christian

1) Ax is enabled, when i disabled it WIFI speed dropped to under 1mb/sec. Smart conenct is also enabled 

2) Router is on, only internet drops. Less then a min at the time

Regards

T

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tradyan, 

Thanks for confirming. Please try disabling smart connect and let me know if your issue persists. I've also sent you a message, please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 6
tradyan
Aspirant

Will try disabling once im back home, however, it’s defying the whole purpose if I end up with 2 different SSIDs

Message 5 of 6
tradyan
Aspirant

tried to disable, not much of a differnce  on download, upload got better 

on 2,4ghz 24 mbps

on 5 ghz 26 mbps

upload went from 20-22 to 33

on phone speeds are better, always where

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats