× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can i solve network speed asymmetry?

KangHH12
Aspirant

How can i solve network speed asymmetry?

Hi my router is RAX38V2 and I use it in SouthKorea

I use 500MB speed Internet

On my computer, Internet speed  is good

download 450MB / uplode 450MB 

but on wifi, internet speed asymmetry

download 450MB but uplode 160MB

my Iphone support ax, so internet speed is wierd

when i use rax40v1 intel version Its speed has no problem

is there any problems with brodacom chipset?

how can i solve this problem?

firmware downgrade, reset not work

The test program is provided by the telecommunications company

Message 1 of 3

Re: How can i solve network speed asymmetry?

@KangHH12 wrote:

On my computer, Internet speed  is good

download 450MB / uplode 450MB 

but on wifi, internet speed asymmetry

download 450MB but uplode 160MB

That's how wifi works. It will never be as fast as a wired connection.

Do these wifi clients give much better speeds on different wifi sources?

By the way, you might like to investigate the use of Alt + Print Screen to take pictures of your screens.

Message 2 of 3
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: How can i solve network speed asymmetry?

When you experience the slower upload throughput on WiFi , how close are you to the AP?

In your region, it is common for many APs to limit their transmit power to around 600mW, while many client devices will limit themselves to the 100-200 mW range, thus uploads over distance will often be a bit lower, as they are more likely to have frame errors with distance.

Another thing to test is enabling or disabling settings such as MU-MIMO, while it s uncommon for modern devices to have issues with it, some older devices may experience a slowdown when it is enabled. That setting can be found in the router page, advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings> [Enable MU-MIMO] checkbox.

When troubleshooting speed issues, also try to do the WiFi testing when about 2 meters or so from the router.

Another thing to test for, is the region listed in the WiFi setup page ( Router page > Basic tab> Wireless ). If the wrong region is listed, then make sure you are not using a channel that i not allowed for your region, also avoid channel 46 and 48 if you can, or any channels encompassing that segment of spectrum 5230MHz and 5240MHz. WiFi routers will limit-transmit power based on the most restrictive channel in the spectrum being used, thus those 2 channels in South Korea can be quite limiting.

If a setting change doesn't correct an issue, then return it to how it was previously set.

If you experience a case of an incorrect region, then the worst case scenario is a region that is extremely draconian in their RF regulation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_(802.11a/h/j/n/ac/ax)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7