× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to Share HP Officejet J3680 Printer on RAX45 Router Network

WallyPA
Follower

How to Share HP Officejet J3680 Printer on RAX45 Router Network

I recently installed a NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6 6-stream AX4300 WiFi 6 router, model RAX45.

There are 2 Windows 10 PC's on the 5 Ghz band and 1 Windows 7 PC on the 2.4 Ghz band.

An HP Officejet J3680 all-in-one printer is directly connected to the Windows 7 PC with a USB cable, in the same room as the router.

Both Windows 10 PC's are in different rooms than the router.

I would like to make the printer accessible to all PC's on both bands via the router as the printer does not have WiFi access.

I downloaded and installed the NETGEAR ReadySHARE printer v1_36 setup from www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6300/  on one of the PC's, plugged the printer cable into the RAX45 router USB port, but the printer was not visible on the network display.

Any suggestions on how to make the printer network-accessible would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to Share HP Officejet J3680 Printer on RAX45 Router Network

Hello WallyPA,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7