× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to determine the fan status on RAX120

chuck4100
Tutor

How to determine the fan status on RAX120

Hello,

I have been getting some full failure type issues with my router recently, like reboots don't help but a full factory reset sorta did.

Mainly, I noticed that at no point have I seen the fan run at all. I fell confident that it had when I first got it back in July but now, nothing.

I have no Idea how to tell if it is broken or just not warm enough to run. I found the settings page 192.168.1.1/Thermal_FAN.htm so that I could try forcing it to run at any speed but the page gives me a "400 Bad Request" when I hit 'apply'.

If anyone has some guidance on this, I'd really appreciate it. Like, is it normal for the fan to be off at all? is there a way to set the speed?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Fricke_Iowa
Initiate

Re: How to determine the fan status on RAX120

I am having the same issue. My router gets hot and then shuts down. The fan doesn’t seem to be running. How do I tell if it’s defective?
Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to determine the fan status on RAX120

Hello chuck4100 & Fricke_Iowa, 

If your router is getting warm and causes the router to shutdown, I would recommend getting in contact with our Support Team for further assistance. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7