× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to set up router bridge

wlxyan
Follower

How to set up router bridge

I have a A1200, Model C6220. I want to try to setup router bridge mode, But I can't set this.

1. I try to set up "router mode" =="no", and restart router, no any option to set up;

2. I try to find option "Use other operating mode" --> "Setup bridge mode wireless settings", but failed.

How to setup this?

Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: How to set up router bridge

The mode you tried to use was to create a wireless bridge, where the router connects to another AP wirelessly, and since the radio gets dedicated to a backhaul only the Ethernet ports on the router will offer connectivity back to the main network but wireless clients will not be able to connect to wirelessly to the secondary router. This is used when you have another primary router that is connected to the internet. A wireless bridge requires you to select the proper band, and type in the SSID and password of the network you want to connect to exactly, (both SSID and password are case sensitive).

If you want to use it in a bridge mode where the router part is simply disabled and it acts as a modem, then go to Advanced> Administration> Router Mode, and then set it to off, then apply.

You can then connect another router behind the C6220 in a LAN to WAN type connection, e.g., Ethernet cable from Ethernet port 1 of the C6220 to the WAN port of the router that you want to use.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: How to set up router bridge

The mode you tried to use was to create a wireless bridge, where the router connects to another AP wirelessly, and since the radio gets dedicated to a backhaul only the Ethernet ports on the router will offer connectivity back to the main network but wireless clients will not be able to connect to wirelessly to the secondary router. This is used when you have another primary router that is connected to the internet. A wireless bridge requires you to select the proper band, and type in the SSID and password of the network you want to connect to exactly, (both SSID and password are case sensitive).

If you want to use it in a bridge mode where the router part is simply disabled and it acts as a modem, then go to Advanced> Administration> Router Mode, and then set it to off, then apply.

You can then connect another router behind the C6220 in a LAN to WAN type connection, e.g., Ethernet cable from Ethernet port 1 of the C6220 to the WAN port of the router that you want to use.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7