× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a RAX120 running as an access point, but I cant seem to turn off its DHCP

Netgarovish
Follower

I have a RAX120 running as an access point, but I cant seem to turn off its DHCP

For reasons I might go into a different time I am running a seperate firewall and router now,
an using the rax120 as an accesspoint.

It appears that the rax120 still is running a dhcp server and I cannot figure out how
to turn it off.

If I go to attatched devices I get a long list, and most of them are wired devices/pcs
It also says DHCP is on, but try and I might I cant figure out how to turn it of.

I was using the RAX120 as both a router and accesspoint until today, 
then I switched it to accesspoint functionality rebooted it and it works ok for that
now but I want my new firewall/router to handle all the DHCP chores.

Any idea how I can turn it off? 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: I have a RAX120 running as an access point, but I cant seem to turn off its DHCP

I guess my question is what IP address's are being handed out?

If the primary router is handling the ip addresses, they should be in the range specified by that router. If both the primary router and the RAX are handing out ip addresses, usually they're in another subnet. (primary 192.168.1.** and rax 192.168.0.** or something along those lines. 

Where is it saying dhcp is turned on? in my attached devices page it shows the access control but nothing about dhcp. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7