× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I have orbi ax6000 can I add nighthawk rax120 as an access point?

Charismaman
Follower

I have orbi ax6000 can I add nighthawk rax120 as an access point?

I have orbi ax6000 with one sattelite.    can I add nighthawk rax120 as an access point?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Most any router can be added as an access point. 

But will it integrate with your mesh? No. It'll be a seperate system. 

Message 2 of 3
Razor512
Prodigy

It will work fine as an access point, especially if you give it the same SSID and password as the rest of the network.

The only difference is with roaming. When your client device is connected to the Orbi segment of the network, then all of the roaming asists will be active help move devices between each Orbi unit.

For the RAX120, many of the roaming functions will not help to move a client device to the RAX120, but roaming will still happen because client devices can direct their own roaming, and even with the orbi, you cannot force a client to roam if it does not want to.

Both the Orbi and RAX120 will provide 802.11k functionality which helps with client directed roaming.

With many modern WiFi clients, they should handle roaming between Orbi and RAX120 pretty decently.

Within the RAX120, you should still get the bandsteering functionality from smart connect.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7