× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I just purchased the Nighthawk AXE7300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router. Password change?

Capecodman
Aspirant

I just purchased the Nighthawk AXE7300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router. Password change?

Hi, i just purchased the Nighthawk AXE7300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router.  I may be Crazy,  But I'm sure I saw during setup that if was not recommended to change the default name and password.   This seems illogical.   Did anyone else see this? 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Capecodman
Aspirant

Re: I just purchased the Nighthawk AXE7300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router. Password change?

I did change the password On the router's login credentials.   I'm sure you're right about the wifi login password.  This was during initial setup of the new router.   They may have been prompting  not to change anything  until setup was complete.   Otherwise it did seem counter intuitive.   Thanks for taking the time to answer.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

Re: I just purchased the Nighthawk AXE7300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router. Password change?

@Capecodman wrote:

But I'm sure I saw during setup that if was not recommended to change the default name and password. 

Really? Can you get a screenshot to confirm this?

Are sure it did not say that it is recommended to change the default name and password?

In any case, your memory is clearly amiss on one point, you cannot change the "default name" if by that you mean the router's login  credentials. That is, and always has been, admin.

You can change the password from the default, which is password.

Message 2 of 3
Capecodman
Aspirant

I did change the password On the router's login credentials.   I'm sure you're right about the wifi login password.  This was during initial setup of the new router.   They may have been prompting  not to change anything  until setup was complete.   Otherwise it did seem counter intuitive.   Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7