× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I updated the firmware and after the reboot the router does not accept the default login

raphofcan
Tutor

I updated the firmware and after the reboot the router does not accept the default login

Hi, i have the exact same problem. I updated the firmware and after the reboot the router does not accept the default login and password anymore. Please help me!

Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I updated the firmware and after the reboot the router does not accept the default login

What NG router model are you referring too? 

Factory reset the router and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser at 192.168.1.1

Message 2 of 15
raphofcan
Tutor

I am using a router Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 ver1 that i updated manually with latest firmware RAX40-V1.0.5.104_1.0.1.img. I am use to do that, i updated routers a 1000 times but this one after being upated, the webgui refuse to grant access. The login windows appear, when entering admin and password and clicking on enter it pop over and over indefinitly asking again a login and a password. I did around 10 different version or reset, 7 seconds, 10 seconds, a little more too and ll the reset of course after the router was iddle and totally on like after 3 or 4 minutes minimum powered on with all green light. Then i tried using tftp without succes like 10 times trying some little variations. I am not sure what to do next. If you could help me please.

Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a 30/30/30 reset with the router? 

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge or Firefox? 

Try with the router disconnected from the ISP modem.

Message 4 of 15
raphofcan
Tutor

I did the 30/30/30 properly but it did not fix my problem. I still have the popup windows to put the login and password, admin and password and when i click enter it pop again and again indefinitly like last time. I did a hard reset before asking you for help and i just did another just now and the same problem still.

Message 5 of 15
raphofcan
Tutor

Sorry i did not saw your other questions. I'll answer them now.

I did tried using edge and firefox, and also google. Still the same problem. My router was never pluged to my modem while doing all those attempt at fixing the problem.

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

@raphofcan wrote:

Sorry i did not saw your other questions. I'll answer them now.

I did tried using edge and firefox, and also google. Still the same problem. My router was never pluged to my modem while doing all those attempt at fixing the problem. Might try unplugging it from the modem and see. 

You might need to reach out to NG support if you can't get the router to reset;

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

@DarrenM 

Message 7 of 15
raphofcan
Tutor

Allright, i will. Thank you for your help!

Message 8 of 15
raphofcan
Tutor

Netgear refuse to help me. I think this is a case where i am going to make a youtube and explain to the youtubers that Netgear does not care about being responsable for their product.

I hope you will enjoy the publicity i'll make you!

Message 9 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Our Support team would like to work with you on the issues you are seeing with the latest firmware if you would like to work with us please PM the info below and our L2 support will contact you.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact: Schedule: (Include Dates, Times, and Time Zone available to work with us)

S/N number:

DarrenM

Message 10 of 15
raphofcan
Tutor

I have made a video of this conversation and a few full image also. 

You want to hide the solution of this problem to everyone with what you suggested me.

Netgear clamed that saving a file is still something that is almost impossible today with our techology.

Netgear is lying.

Of course anyone knows that saving a simple file can be done very easily today and since many years but Netgear sell routers that aren't able to do this simple task.

I would theorized that Netgear makes around 20 to 50% more sells and that means Netgear is stealling money from the costumers, that way since people who buy Netgear routers have no choice but to go buy a new Netgear router.

Netgear tell their costumers that saving a file is still something that is very risky these days. I think everyone need to know what Netgear does, so the video and picture i took of this conversation will be given to the proper authorities or if too difficult will be shared on youtube and other similar web video host. 

There Mr DarrenM, is the proper solution. Since Netgear refuse to show in front of everyone the correct solution.

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

So was this resolved or no? Were you able to get in to the routers web page?

What solution are you referring too? 

Message 12 of 15
raphofcan
Tutor

No, it never worked.

I have like 5 other router from different company that did that too among the lots of routers.

Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

If other routers are doing same thing, then you might check your PC and browser for issues. Try a different PC and web browser.

Message 14 of 15

@raphofcan wrote:

No, it never worked.

I have like 5 other router from different company that did that too among the lots of routers.

Not sure what that is saying but if a lot of routers do the same thing that is a strong suggestion that the Netgear router is not the source of the problem.

Did you ever tell people what the modem/gateway/ONT is that sits between all of these routers and the Internet?

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7