× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IN the Nighthawk AX80 firmware the reboot button is continually red even after a reboot. ??? Nor

monarch
Follower

IN the Nighthawk AX80 firmware the reboot button is continually red even after a reboot. ??? Normal

Nighthawk AX 80 firmware reboot button continually red.

I would think that a reboot is needed but reboot does not change that ?

Is this normal ?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: IN the Nighthawk AX80 firmware the reboot button is continually red even after a reboot. ??? Nor

Reboot button? Or power button/led? 

If you go to netgear.com/support/   type in your model number. it'll bring you to the manual for your device where it explains what each led means

Message 2 of 3
svandy29
Aspirant

I experienced the same issue when trying to update to the latest firmware.  I would run the update and then the router would never successfully reboot.  It would get stuck with the amber power LED and the wifi LED lit. 

What I had to do is a hard reset so the 30-30-30 to reset the router to factory.  Then login and check the firmware.  If the firmware needs updating download it manually from the netgear site and apply the latest firmware (May require another hard reset after).  Once that is complete you can then re input all of your configuration (I did not have success loading from a backup it gave me the same issue on reboot).

Hope this helps someone.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7