× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IP assignment

JimTheGreek
Tutor

IP assignment

Wow! I just had the weardest experience!

I tried to install an apk remotely to a firestick, my app refused to connect, even after verifying IP etc.... AND RAX80 said it was a wired device, NOT!

I forgot the network on the firestick, re established it, reboot it, then tried again!

Unfortunately, same, no change.

Then I decided I'm gonna change the firestick IP to a static. Ok, all went well, except, the firestick NEVER changed IP!

Ok, then I decided to fortget newtwork again, but this time I setup all the network stuff manually, using the new static IP.

All went well and in fact I was able to connect and install the apk, but.....

Looking at attached devices on the RAX80, it's still listed as the old IP and still wired! AND there is NO device with the new IP.

Tell me that's not weird!

Tomorrow, when there's not much people in my home, I'll reboot the RAX80 and I'll repost back of what happened!

Bottom line, I think it's the RAX80's fault of no connection since it thinks it's a wired device. But does not explain why it's still showing as such!

Cheers

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Re: IP assignment

FYI Reboot of the RAX80 fixed everything.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Just in case someone thinks I did not reboot firestick after the static IP change on the RAX80, I did, I took ALL precautionary steps to ensure change! If I missed mensioning a step, I probably did it, but you are welcome to ask, I'm not ashamed to be wrong or look stupid, I'm ALWAYS learning.

Cheers!

Message 2 of 4
JimTheGreek
Tutor

FYI Reboot of the RAX80 fixed everything.
Message 3 of 4
michail71
Apprentice

I've seen a general weirdness with the connected devices.  I had devices not showing up at all on the AP (in AP only mode) but were showing up on my cable modem. The only way they could be connected to the cable modem was through the Netgear AP.

In general the Web UI on Netgear devices are funky and slow. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7