× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet slow after RAX80

liyifan0227
Follower

Internet slow after RAX80

Hi,

I just purchased an RAX80 however I found that it slows down my internet. Currently I have rogers ignite 1000Mps/30Mbps internet. If I connect my pc to the modem directly I get the full speed(930/25Mbps). If I connect to RAX80 I only get really slow speed(300~500/15Mbps). I made sure I was the only one on the internet during testing and all conections were made using cat6 cable, and I tried multiple cables to eliminate cable failure.

Modem is Hitron CODA 4582, tried both bridge mode and router mode, nothing changed.

RAX80 has V1.0.2.76_1.0.35 firmware.

Before getting the RAX80, I was using Velop mesh and I could get full speed when connected to the node via ethernet cable.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Internet slow after RAX80

Hi liyifan027,

Welcome to the community! May you try disabling QoS and/or AX to see if there are any improvements. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Zoid84
Aspirant

Rogers Ignite TV Slow when connected to AX8

Rogers Communications in Toronto has an Ignite TV Box that I tried to speed up by intstalling an AX8 Extender wi-fi to a RAX40. My Ignite TV box is still not able to handle the signal consistantly. 

Has anyone any experiance with the Rogers Ignite Boxes. I have been in the settings of the Ignite box through code 9434 and no matter which SSID 2.4, 5G 2.4 EXT or 5G EXT. 

The Rogers Ignite system is horrible and Rogers won't let me go back to my old cable PVR boxes that I had.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7