× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet telephone hookup to cm1100 modem

Davidmatthes
Aspirant

Internet telephone hookup to cm1100 modem

How do I hookup a telephone to a cm1100 router to access internet phone service?
Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet telephone hookup to cm1100 modem

are you wanting a phone service from your ISP or are you talking about adding something like an Ooma device? 

Message 2 of 4
Davidmatthes
Aspirant

I currently subscribe to Xfinity "Triple Play" (internet +TV+internet telephone), all run through a very old and slow Arris modem/router combo.  I just purchased a Netgear CM 1100 modem and a Netgear Mesh WIFI router system - but sadly note  there is no telephone output from the CM1100 modem.  What can I do to connect my telephone to this new system?  Can I somehow daisy-chain mly old Arris modem to my new CM1100, using the Arris solely for its telephone jack?  Or do I need to exchange the CM1100 for a different modem?  Thanks for any advice you may have!

Message 3 of 4
rinthos
Luminary

@Davidmatthes wrote:

I currently subscribe to Xfinity "Triple Play" (internet +TV+internet telephone), all run through a very old and slow Arris modem/router combo.  I just purchased a Netgear CM 1100 modem and a Netgear Mesh WIFI router system - but sadly note  there is no telephone output from the CM1100 modem.  What can I do to connect my telephone to this new system?  Can I somehow daisy-chain mly old Arris modem to my new CM1100, using the Arris solely for its telephone jack?  Or do I need to exchange the CM1100 for a different modem?  Thanks for any advice you may have!

Afraid you either need to run everything directly from the Arris combo or there's 1 alternative...

Netgear has a new modem just for this purpose, the CM1150V

If you can return/exchange your CM1100 you may have a good option...

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/CM1150V.aspx

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7