× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Introducing The Nighthawk AX8 WiFi Router - The New Era of WiFi

schumaku
Guru

@Annoyed_AF wrote:

... Half the range of my previous Asus router. ... Constantly dropping connection to my Nvidia Shield Tablet.

It's a risky game going for the latest class of wireless - especially now wehre a lot of the technology has changed massively, interoparability issues are predictable. A litle blt blue-eyed to believe other do better - as all vendirs are based on the radio firmware coming from the SoC and radio chip makers.

@Annoyed_AF wrote:

Complete piece of junk. ...

I spent 45 mins adding the correct names to my connected devices, rebooted and the router reset all of it to default names.

That sounds more like Netgear. Why I don't wonder dear @ChristineT ?

Message 26 of 31
myersw
Master

To those of you questioning/complaining about number of wireless devices allowed. My Unifi AP's are spected at 200 devices per AP. I do not need all that currently, but nice to know. I deployed Arlo cameras, but they talk to the base station over wireless provided by the base and not the home network. 

Message 27 of 31
schumaku
Guru

@myersw wrote:

To those of you questioning/complaining about number of wireless devices allowed. My Unifi AP's are spected at 200 devices per AP. I do not need all that currently, but nice to know.  

The simple and very inexpensive Netgear 802.1ac Wave II WAC505/WAC510 are supporting 200 concurrent connected clients, too.

@myersw wrote:

I deployed Arlo cameras, but they talk to the base station over wireless provided by the base and not the home network. 

The wireless Arlo devices require different timing characteristics than what the standard WiFi allows - mainly to save and conserve energy on the battery driven cameras and other devices.

Message 28 of 31
myersw
Master

@schumaku

If the  Netgear 802.1ac Wave II WAC505/WAC510 ca support 200 devices why is the normal routers that folks buy and spend upwards to $400 limited to 32? Makes no sense in my simple head. 

Yes understand about saving battery life with the Arlos. Does surprise me at how long the battery lasts. Also no client connection to normal network. Might cause some 2.4 wireless issues as it uses channels like 3 rather then 1 or 6 for example. Not a neighbor friendly solution, but does not carry far. They say max of 300 feet. Could bother that next door neighbor though depending on how close. So far I am quite happy with the Arlos unlike the Netgear router solutions with all the firmware issues. 

By the way love the cat picture. Looks like a brother/sister to my boy. 

Message 29 of 31
Eric_Cartman
Guide

Hi Schmaku

Can i echo the above reply.. are you sure that the Netgear 802.1ac Wave II WAC505/WAC510 that costs 100 Euro can run 200 Clients when my Nighhawk X6 AC3200 costing over three times that cant...... Are you completely sure about that???? Serious? 

The simple and very inexpensive Netgear 802.1ac Wave II WAC505/WAC510 are supporting 200 concurrent connected clients, too.

Message 30 of 31
epahgi
Initiate

Can anyone tell me if I buy this model from USA, I can use it in Australia and will not voide the warranty? Can you also tell me if the power supply comes with 110-220 voltage or just 110 voltage?

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7