× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 worth it?

subevenis
Follower

Is the Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 worth it?

The Nighthawk is currently at a fairly good discount at my local store, it has good reviews, but when looking it up on Reddit, there were a few posts stating that the router is "unstable". I.e dropping out, needing to factory reset after each firmware upgrade and low speeds etc.

I currently have the Asus rt-ac66u, but I'm not happy with it. Installing merlin did not solve my issues either. I consistently need to restart it at least once a day due to internet dropouts

So is the nighthawk a good router, and is it stable would be my question?

Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Is the Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 worth it?

I can't talk about the RAX50, but if you can pick up a RAX43 at a decent price, I'd go for it. Currently using one with only a few minor issues. Had an uptime of 60 days without any interrupptions before I had to upgrade its firmware
Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Is the Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 worth it?

You will find people complaining on the forums and reddit. Its where people go with issues. I'd recommend looking at the reviews on amazon and reading a few of the positives with the negatives. People are more likely to post if they have negatives but there's still going to be a few reviews. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7