× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Keep RAX120 Beta or buy from Amazon?

cshon31
Aspirant

Keep RAX120 Beta or buy from Amazon?

So Netgear just launched RAX120 on Amazon for $499.99. I got my AX12 Premier Beta 2 weeks ago, end of March, after signing month-to-month option of paying 29.99 per month so I can opt out anytime - chose this having the plan in mind of returning the Beta version and buying the release version. I assume that the release version is more polished and has all the upgrades from the Beta. Correct me if I am wrong but I didn't see buy-out-clause in the contract for month-to-month subscription plan. I presumed that to be after paying for 12 months - which would be cheaper than buying the release version. I am not sure if it is worth to get RAX120 from Amazon, or keep the Beta version for about $100 less (presuming I can buy it out after paying 12 month installations). I need to do more research on my own, but what are some of the biggest differences between the Beta and release versions? If there is no significant difference I will consider keeping the Beta. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Divemaster74
Initiate

Re: Keep RAX120 Beta or buy from Amazon?

I talked to netgear on Sunday morning. They told me that if I stay in the beta program, that I would be able to get the greatest and latest router every time that they come out with one. You have to be selected to be in the program. If you get out you are not going to be able to get back in. Just my 2 cents on this.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7