× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Laptops do not see RAX 80

Sparxnarx
Aspirant

Laptops do not see RAX 80

I have 3 Dell laptops, all Intel AC 7260 wireless adapters. All older with new hard rides and recently updated to Windows 10 proffesional. My original had no problem connecting. Dell E5440. The 2 I just rebuilt, same model, larger version, can see every WiFi connection except my nighthawk. Went through the whole factory reset/reboot, no solution. Update my network adapter drivers, no help. While doing so, like an idiot, I updated the driver on the one that had no problem, lo an behold, now it can't see my nighthawk! And btw, it is transmitting both 2.4g and 5g. I'm no techie, but I think I'm fairly savvy. Hardware version Rax80. Firmware version v1.0.1.70 wireless ac 7260 driver version18.33.11.2

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
billmy1228
Guide

Two thoughts. One the Intel drivers do not understand AX. Easy to figure out, disable AX on router and see if now attaches. 

Other thing would be to be sure you have the latest Intel drivers for your laptop. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
billmy1228
Guide

Two thoughts. One the Intel drivers do not understand AX. Easy to figure out, disable AX on router and see if now attaches. 

Other thing would be to be sure you have the latest Intel drivers for your laptop. 

Message 2 of 6
Sparxnarx
Aspirant

Was able to roll back driver in original and it works again! Unfortunately, I don't have that option with the other 2.

Message 3 of 6
Sparxnarx
Aspirant

I will give the disabling of the AX a try. Not sure how but I'll figure it out. Was looking for an older version of the driver on the net to see if I can install that also. Will let you know if either works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 6
Sparxnarx
Aspirant

Disabling ax worked....your my hero!

Message 5 of 6
billmy1228
Guide

Glad to here. If you mark as solution that could help others. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7