× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest RAX43 Firmware doesn't work with Safari 15.2

Twitchrot
Star

Latest RAX43 Firmware doesn't work with Safari 15.2

Hi all,

My question relates to the RAX43 AX5 WiFi 6 Router and the lastest firmware being V1.0.5.106_2.0.70.  When using the latest Safari browser v15.2 on a MAC none of the Advanced settings are available and the entire interface is pretty much useless.  I have confirmed on two different machines and hoping that NetGear will look to resolve this issue quickly.  

Is there any compatibility checks being carried out before this is being released?   There is nothing in the release notes to indicate the browser support has changed.

https://kb.netgear.com/000064471/RAX43-Firmware-Version-1-0-5-106

PS. I couldn't put the model number into the form as it doesn't exist (even though this is a relatively new product).

Regards,

Twitchrot Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 24
nielsvds
Luminary

Message 2 of 24
Twitchrot
Star

Hi,

Tried tricking the interface with a different user agents and it doesn't work.  Have tried Chrome/FireFox/EDGE and all produce the same result.   This is definately appears to be a coding issue which is hopefully resolved soon.

Message 3 of 24
nielsvds
Luminary

You can try to install Edge for Mac and iOS : https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-install-microsoft-edge-for-mac-ios-4173408

That is the only thing you can still try beside changing the user agent that you tried before.

Message 4 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Try using FireFox or Opera on Mac? 

Message 5 of 24
Twitchrot
Star

Hi all,

Shouldn't have to install another browser just to use a product that has been working however it is a valid workaround.  The question will be is when will this rectified as this is pretty fundamental issue.

Message 6 of 24
nielsvds
Luminary

I totally agree with you. But it can take a while when fixes,improvements are implemented in a new firmware upgrade. I would also report it to the support. 

Message 7 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact Apple and NG support about. 

Message 8 of 24
dmitch77
Star

Also discussed here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/RAX48-quot-Advanced-Config-quot-page-inaccessible-on-...

i think it has to be a Netgear bug since Safari on both Mac and iPad - different code bases and different release/update cycles - started failing the same way when this NG update came out. In any case I filed a support ticket. No response yet.

Message 9 of 24
Twitchrot
Star

Hey @dmitch77, thanks for raising this with them as it is definetly something on the Netgear side.  Looking at your other post and the screenshot I notice the same weird line under the word HOME on the basic tab and whle the cursor will change when you hover over advanced any input like a click is simply ignored.

Hopefully this issue across a number of products will be resolved soon. 

Message 10 of 24
amonynuts
Apprentice

I have the same issue (RAX45 with V1.0.5.106), tried using Safari, Chrome, & Firefox.  I called and opened a case, and went through the "reset all settings" procedure, but the only solution that Tech Support could come up with is going through the firmware downgrade procedure back to V1.0.2.82 or taking the router back to Costco and buying another one (this time disabling auto-upgrades, or perhaps getting the TP-Link instead).

Message 11 of 24
amonynuts
Apprentice

FYI, downgrading my RAX45 to firmware V1.0.4.100 resolved the issue for me.

Message 12 of 24
Twitchrot
Star

Hi @amonynuts Thanks for the info however I believe that the latest firmware should be used to address the latest security issues.   While not pleased to have to workaround this issue with another browser hopefully a revised firmware will be provided shortly. 

Message 13 of 24
amonynuts
Apprentice

@Twitchrot, agreed, I'd love to see a new FW version that includes the latest security fixes AND resolves this browser compatibility issue...

Message 14 of 24
G35flyer
Star

I found a workaround. Once connected to the routers Basic web interface type any junk behind your rounter url....for example: https://192.168.1.1/junk   You will get a 404 error, then hit the broswer back button and you can then gain access to the Advanced settings.

Message 15 of 24
dmitch77
Star

That workaround doesn't work for me, using Safari on iPadOS.

Message 16 of 24
Twitchrot
Star

Hey @G35flyer That works a treat on Safari 15.2 on a Mac running Catalina and Monterey.   Hope they still fix it as it seems def code related.

Excellent and many thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

Does using a different brand browser besides Safari work? 

Message 18 of 24
G35flyer
Star

@dmitch77 wrote:

That workaround doesn't work for me, using Safari on iPadOS.

The workaround works for me in Safari for iOS, iPadOS and MacOS....here is a screenshot from iPadOS. Not sure why it does not work for you unless you are on different OS version or in the routers case a different firmware version than me. 

18A4099C-BE33-4527-B728-D9F1C3E1271C.jpeg

Message 19 of 24
G35flyer
Star

IMG_1170.jpg

Message 20 of 24
dmitch77
Star

Might have something to do with the fact that I have a RAX50, not a 43. Using ipadOS 15.2.1.

I'm not going to spend any more time on this until I hear that Netgear has a fix. I have a different workaround, using Firefox on Mac. I have bigger fish to fry. 🙂

Message 21 of 24
Twitchrot
Star

Hi all,

So the latest firmware for the RAX43 which is V1.0.10.110_2.0.75 still doesn't fix the issue using Safari 15.4 on MacOS (Monterey 12.3.1).  

The Advanced Tab/Options are still unavailable even when clicking, trying to open in a new window or trying a different user agent.  

It would be nice to understand the issue behind this from Netgear's point of view.  Here we are in April, two firmware releases later and no one has bothered to address a fairly straight forward and fundamental issue.  The beta firmware prior to V1.0.10.110_2.0.75 addressed the problem yet it doesn't make it into the next release candidate.   

I do find it incredulous that Netgear cannot fix this issue as it would seem loyalty doesn't mean anything however, the bottom line does.  

While I have wasted heaps of time on this issue I don't plan on giving up because I paid for a product that I expect to work!  

Message 22 of 24
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support and let them know what your seeing. 

Otherwise you can use a different browser on Mac in meantime. 

@Twitchrot wrote:

Hi all,

So the latest firmware for the RAX43 which is V1.0.10.110_2.0.75 still doesn't fix the issue using Safari 15.4 on MacOS (Monterey 12.3.1).  

The Advanced Tab/Options are still unavailable even when clicking, trying to open in a new window or trying a different user agent.  

It would be nice to understand the issue behind this from Netgear's point of view.  Here we are in April, two firmware releases later and no one has bothered to address a fairly straight forward and fundamental issue.  The beta firmware prior to V1.0.10.110_2.0.75 addressed the problem yet it doesn't make it into the next release candidate.   

I do find it incredulous that Netgear cannot fix this issue as it would seem loyalty doesn't mean anything however, the bottom line does.  

While I have wasted heaps of time on this issue I don't plan on giving up because I paid for a product that I expect to work!  

Message 23 of 24
amonynuts
Apprentice

fyi For the same issue on RAX45, I called Netgear support and filed an issue in January, within 60 minutes of buying the router. The case is still open, but apparently Netgear has a fix, just waiting anxiously for it's release. In the meantime, browsing to "http://routerlogin.net/junk" after logging in, and then hitting the back button, is at least a good temporary workaround on my iphone.
Message 24 of 24
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7