× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Losing WiFi Signal RAX48

LosingMyWiFi25
Aspirant

Losing WiFi Signal RAX48

My RAX48 is connect directly to my modem. WiFi works great and all 29 of my wireless devices connect. As soon as I plug my Netgear unmanaged switch into the RAX48, the WiFi network stops working. Once I unplug the switch and reboot the router and modem, WiFi works fine. Only loses WiFi when Ethernet ports are used on wireless router. Help please!
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Losing WiFi Signal RAX48

what switch is it? 

Message 2 of 8
LosingMyWiFi25
Aspirant

Netgear ProSafe Gigabit GS108NA. It’s an older model. Will a newer version provide better results?
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

it really shouldn't matter. that switch is a pretty basic one and it shouldn't cause an issue. 

Did you try different cables or different ports on the router/switch? 

Is the router new? 

Message 4 of 8
LosingMyWiFi25
Aspirant

The router was brand new from Best Buy in March of 2022. My modem was brand new purchased last week. It’s an Arris T25 approved for Xfinity Voice/Data service.
I tried the switch in all 4 Ethernet ports on the RAX48 with the same results. Tried a new cable that I tested with a Fluke Cat5&6 tester and the cable tested good.
It’s frustrating. Wireless signal is great, just really depend on my wired ports throughout the house as well.
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

The t25 does have 2x ethernet ports on the back of it. You're not hooking anything to that are you? 

Because even through there's 2, xfinity only supports 1 public ip address. Meaning only 1 device can be connected. 

You might still be in your support window. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 6 of 8
LosingMyWiFi25
Aspirant

No, my modem only has one Ethernet port being used. That cable goes to the wireless router (RAX48).
The extra ports I’m trying to use are on the RAX48.
Thanks for all your assistance thus far. This is beyond frustrating.
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

I would try contacting support. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7