× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loss of printing capability

mcdonale
Follower

Loss of printing capability

After having successfully replaced my old router with a new NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router Model RAX80, I cannot print to my HP Laser Jet Printers from my MacBook Pro Laptop computer.  Both printers are successfully linked to the new WIFI network, but there is no communication between my computer and the two HP printers.

hp support offers no solution that I can find.

Ed McDonald

Message 1 of 2
RAC47
Aspirant

Re: Loss of printing capability

What happens if you shut down your MacBook and then restart it?  This is an Apple problem.  Their solution is to remove and reinstall the printer.  Doesn't fix the problem.  We have a similar problem.  The MAC thinks the printer is off-line and it won't print.  Restarting the MAC forces the hand shake and the print jobs saved in the MAC printing Que now print.  Go figure!

Had a similar problem with Windows PC.  I was able to identify the ports being used and made certain they were open and not blocked.  That fixed the problem for the PC.  I have not been able to do this with the MAC.

This sort of printing problem has existed since the early days of personal computing and I find it frustrating that no one understands the problem nor has a solution.  For what it is worth HDMI devices have the same issue!!  Brother Laser printrs have a problem that is caused by the "Sleep" function.  When it goes to sleep the ports fail to monitor for packets and you have to restart everything.  I found a solution on line (not from Brother) that has worked.  Most manufacturers tech support is useless for these problems.  They Reps do NOT really have the KSA's to actually diagnose a problem.  If the problem isn't part of there script, you are out of luck!

BC

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7