× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lost RAX10 power adapter

oloacoo
Initiate

Lost RAX10 power adapter

This is not a typical issue... I recently moved and in the process of unplugging network devices at my old location I accidentally sent my Charter modem back with my Netgear power adapter. The adapter I now have with the router is the adapter that went with the Charter modem. The device obviously doesn't power up with this adapter (it only puts out 5V/1000mA). I think I've found a good replacement for the adapter at a local retailer (a multi-selector type) but was wondering if anyone would know if it'd be possible to order the original adapter that came with the device. The router was purchased at the end of 2020 so it is out of warranty/support, but I would think I could get a replacement direct from Netgear.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any replies or information.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
oloacoo
Initiate

In my haste I forgot eBay was an option... I'm all set.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
oloacoo
Initiate

Message 2 of 3

@oloacoo wrote:

Netgear does not sell replacement power adapters. Any generic adapter will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions.

As you say, eBay is a good place to start.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7