× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lots of problems AX6000

Asielcode7
Tutor

Lots of problems with RAX120

So I setup the this router 2 days ago and it's not playing nice with half of my devices so far. Many could not see the routers signal at all. I updated the drivers on devices that I could such as my PC's and laptops (8 total) and that worked for most of them, 2 of my laptops still can't see the wifi signal from it. Some of my devices such as my Nest Cams, August lock "connect", Shark Ion vacuum Robot, Amazon Echo Dot and other devices can see the signal but when attempting to connect it will say wrong password or simply "could not connect". For the devices that can connect it works great, however this is a nightmare right now.
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
avtella
Prodigy

Re: Lots of problems with RAX120

Disable AX mode, and/or update to the latest firmware and you shouldn’t have any issues even with AX enabled. Since most people don’t have any AX devices, turning that feature off will be fine.

Also make sure 2.4 GHz is in 20 MHz mode by selecting one option lower in WiFi speed selection in router WiGi settings or by making sure 20/40 switching is enabled. 40 MHz can be terrible in congested environments.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
avtella
Prodigy

Disable AX mode, and/or update to the latest firmware and you shouldn’t have any issues even with AX enabled. Since most people don’t have any AX devices, turning that feature off will be fine.

Also make sure 2.4 GHz is in 20 MHz mode by selecting one option lower in WiFi speed selection in router WiGi settings or by making sure 20/40 switching is enabled. 40 MHz can be terrible in congested environments.
Message 2 of 9
Asielcode7
Tutor

Isn't AX mode the whole point of owning this router? I also can't find out how to turn it off or any of the other modes you just described.
Message 3 of 9
Asielcode7
Tutor

Sorry wrong model number, it is the AX6000
Message 4 of 9
avtella
Prodigy

I haven’t issues like yours on either model. I have ax WiFi cards in all my laptops and a also a lot of non ax devices. However since you have issues I said to disable AX mode.

Unless you have ax devices ax mode won’t have any effect anyway. The option is in the router’s WiFi settings page under the “Basic” tab. In that same page you will see a connection speed selection for 2.4 and 5 GHz. On the 2.4 Ghz select on step lower than current after disabling ax mode.
Message 5 of 9
avtella
Prodigy

Hopefully in the meantime some of the compatibility issues are resolved client side as well as router side in upcoming updates.

FYI both the RAX80 and RAX120 are AX6000 devices. AX6000 is just the sum of the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz peak theoretical bandwidths combined.

Message 6 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@Asielcode7 wrote:
I updated the drivers on devices that I could such as my PC's and laptops (8 total) and that worked for most of them, 2 of my laptops still can't see the wifi signal from it.

In case these are Windows systems with Intel Wi-Fi, head to the Intel Driver Support Assistant - note the vendor updates for many systems are lacking, as well as the Microsoft distributed drivers.

In case these are other Wi-Fi clients, provide details like make, model, driver versions, ...

Message 7 of 9
Asielcode7
Tutor

Thank you, problems solved. I think the 20/40hz switch solved my biggest problems of not being able to have my devices connect. 

Message 8 of 9

@Asielcode7 wrote:
Sorry wrong model number, it is the AX6000

That's a wifi speed designation.

The model number is probably RAX120, RAX80, or something similar.

Look on the label on the thing.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7