× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Love my new RAX80 router! please add more gaming features like you have on the XR700

jlocker
Guide

Love my new RAX80 router! please add more gaming features like you have on the XR700

Love, Love Love, my new nighthawk RAX80 wifi router. Fast, DFS channels and MU-MIMO working great with a steady 1300mbps on my Netgear 802.11ac adapter. I would love to see all of the gaming features that is on the AD7200 gaming router. Keep the firmware updates and enhancement coming for this router. I plan to have it for many years.

This is my first Netgear home wifi router, I have left the Linksys which use to be Cisco now it is Belkin, known for very little updates on there routers when they get a couple years old.

Netgear is now the only real american home WIFI router maker once Cisco sold to Belkin and Belkin is going to sell to a Chinese company. I want my network products home grown and free of other companies back door code. Can we say Huawei and ZTE!

Oh can you please add WPA3 to this product also to be on par with the AX12.

Now that Apple no longer makes WIFI routers like the Apple airport or Apple Time capsule. I think this product is the best product to replace a old Apple Airport unit, the quality is what you see from a Apple product.

Message 1 of 8
myersw
Master

Re: Love my new RAX80 router! please add more gaming features like you have on the XR700

Then there would be no reason to buy the gaming router. Netgear has to have a reason to get you to buy something else. 😉

Message 2 of 8
duckware
Prodigy

Glad you love the new router.  But there are tons of 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 routers that would provide the same performance MUCH cheaper.  Your RAX80 is just reverting to 802.11ac mode.

Plus, the RAX80 may not even fully spport Wi-Fi 6!  Netgear says in the fine print "This router may not support all the mandatory features as ratified in Draft 3.0 of IEEE 802.11AX specification."

DFS: Actually, Netgear does not support 80 Mhz channel 138 (whereas Netgear's competitors do).

WPA3: Other vendors have stated that the Wi-Fi alliance will require WPA3 in Wi-Fi 6.  So if WPA3 is left out, that says a lot.

County: Look at the country of origin on the bottom of your RAX80.  Next, look under Dynamic QoS and the "Help improve the Quality of Service...." option.  See the 'Click here to learn more about how we collect, use and share analytics information' link -- click on it.  I get a popup telling me that Netgear WILL collect:

• information about what websites or applications are visited by devices accessing the Internet through your router, but not what specific content you accessed, links you clicked on, or other actions you took on the site or application;
  • the time and duration of Internet use and volume of data accessed;
  • information about bandwidth, such as bandwidth oversubscription conditions;
  • the MAC addresses of your router and devices connected to your router; and
  • the types of devices connected to your router.
Message 3 of 8
jlocker
Guide

I love people who troll websites and put and put up a lot of disinformation. I built GM's first WIFI network back in 1992 so your negative review shows how little you know about WIFI networking and technology.

Come talk to me when you have 45 years of network engineering under your belt. I was doing networking when you were not even concieved. Installed a twisted pair Apple II Corvus network in 1980, so your opinion means nothing to me.

Message 4 of 8

There's a separate place for suggesting new features:

Idea Exchange For Home - NETGEAR Communities

The XR series runs on very different firmware than Netgear's usual stuff. XRs are down to DumaOS. To get those features, you'll have to shell out the very high price they want.

Message 5 of 8
avtella
Prodigy

Core firmware on XR series is same as standard equivalent midels but with Duma additions like the replacement QoS and additional monitoring features.
Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@jlocker wrote:

I love people who troll websites and put and put up a lot of disinformation.

Please exactly show us where you think @duckware has done any disinformation. All the points he listed are perfectly true and valid - not difficult to check or proof. 

Ethernet (yes, the real stuff) and wireless oldie writing here, too. 

Message 7 of 8
StaticLNX
Star

I'll try with my build but right now I'm just adding ssh

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7