× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MK63

springnerd
Aspirant

MK63

How many satellites can be added to the WiFi 6, MK63?

Message 1 of 7

It is probably a generic thing. Nothing special about the MK63.

These might offer some guidance:

How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How many devices can my Orbi system support? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 7
springnerd
Aspirant

Hello - You didn't answer my question.  It was related to MK63 satellites and not the number of clients.    I have a MK63 system with 1 router and 2 satellites.    Can I add another 1 or 3 or how many?   I would like to extend my network further into my house.

thanks!

Message 3 of 7

@springnerd wrote:

Hello - You didn't answer my question. 

Yup.

Did you try your own search?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – How many satellites

Always a good place to start, along with the support pages for your device (see above).

Message 4 of 7
jcav99
Aspirant

I have three satellites now, all hard wired back(haul) to the MK60 router. Bought the MK63 set, then addded an additional satellite. So far so good, but it has only been a few days dince I added the third satellite. Not sure if there is an actual limit of satellites, but my guess is that it is possible to set up a few extras if you need to.

Message 5 of 7
13hammerz
Aspirant

hey, i see you backhauled the sats to the router, but the router only has one port, did you add a switch or are you using a different router than what comes with the 63 setup? im thinking or running homeruns to backhaul as well since the house is 3 stories and wifi dips from time to time. thanks
Message 6 of 7
jcav99
Aspirant

I added a small Gb switch which is only used for this wifi mesh network. And my MK60 router's WAN is connected to my primary router's LAN. Probably not a supported config and not optimal (speed wise) but it works great for what I need.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7