MR60 Mesh and Chromecast

Dano22
Follower

MR60 Mesh and Chromecast

I am wondering if there is going to be a fix for the NETGEAR - Nighthawk AX1800 Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System (2-Pack) with chromecast compatibilty. From all the forums that I see there is no actualy solution that is working as some people work and others dont.. So I am wondering to see if there are plans in place to have an update to be compatible with Chromecast, seeing how that is a widley used device in the streaming world, or even that it is a known issue to Netgear. If there are no plans or upcoming updates that will address then please let me know so I can just go and return this product.

Thank you

Dan O

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR60 Mesh and Chromecast

Hello Dan,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
robertote
Initiate

@Dano22 @Christian_R is there a fix for this yet? The RIP Version workaround isn't working for me

Message 3 of 7
janieflames
Aspirant

Same issue. I spent 1 hour on the phone with Netgear support. We changed the channels and reinstalled the Chromecast, trying to test it out. By the end of the call, it seemed to work. Later that day, back to same problem. I spent $30 on long distance for the call BC I'm in Canada and the call was to California. I also want to return my product. Very frustrating.
Message 4 of 7
janieflames
Aspirant

I can tell you, too, that I have two Chromecasts. The one on the same floor as the router works fine. The one on the upper floor sits within 2 feet of the satellite (both located behind the TV) and doesn't work.
Message 5 of 7
BrissieGooner
Aspirant

I have a similar problem. I find that the Chromecast located near the MS60 satellite when connected to the 5ghz band won't cast. When connected to the 2.4 ghz band it casts without problem.

A quick solution would be to manually connect the Chromecast to the 2.4 ghz band but according to Netgear support the Nighthawk automatically connects the devices to the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. 
This is something Netgear need to address. 

Message 6 of 7
Rivinence
Tutor

I have the Nighthawk MK62 Bundle (1 MR60 router, 1 MS60 satellite) running firmware V1.0.6.102_2.0.45. I, like everyone else was having issues with my Google casting devices. What ended up working for me was to uncheck "Disable IGMP Proxying". Ever since I did that everything has been running smoothly. I hope this will help someone out there.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements