Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Will not save the "Block services table entries" after firmware update

nickw5932
Follower

MR60 Will not save the "Block services table entries" after firmware update

Hello! I am having a problem with my Netgear MR60 mesh wifi router kit. The kit contains an MR60 and 2x MS60 satellites.

After the recent firmware update my MR60 will no longer save any "Block services entries" that are input. Upon router reboot all entries are gone. In fact all previous entries I had created are missing also.

The problem happens every time when I try to add a new "Block Service" entry.

I first login to the router and click the advanced tab.

Then I click the "security" tab followed by "block services" tab.

I then proceed to check "always", then I click "ADD".

I select service type "User Defined" and protocol "TCP/UDP".

I select starting port "1"  and ending port "65535" .

I then select "only for this IP address" 192.168.1.32.

I name the service type "Block32"

I click ADD and then I see the entry appear  on the next page in the "service table". I then click apply.

at this point the entry may possibly remain on a reboot, however when I proceed to add another entry the same way(but with different values for another IP i want to block services to also) all entries in the service table disappear.

This touble seems to have started after the most recent firmware update. Before this problem started, I had a multiple entries in the Block Service Table that were working fine. Now, all previous entries have disappeard from the table. It is very unsettling to know that devices that I purposely blocked internet access to were allowed access because of this problem.

I have tried a factory restart. It did not help.

I also tried to re-upload the newest firmare. This also did not help.

I am not sure how I can get an RMA from Netgear. I have only had this MR60 router for about 10 or 11 months. It shows still under warranty. The RMA process seems to send me in circles. How do I get this taken care of before my warranty expires? 

Any help would be appreciated.  THANKS!

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60 Will not save the "Block services table entries" after firmware update

You might try posting in the forum for your device where more users might have that system and be able to test theirs. 

I don't have one and you're posting in the nighthawk AX forum not the mesh forum. Not your fault as the system is convoluted and doesn't make a whole lot of sense 🙂

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Will not save the "Block services table entries" after firmware update

Try downgrading FW back to what was working?

@nickw5932 wrote:

Hello! I am having a problem with my Netgear MR60 mesh wifi router kit. The kit contains an MR60 and 2x MS60 satellites.

After the recent firmware update my MR60 will no longer save any "Block services entries" that are input. Upon router reboot all entries are gone. In fact all previous entries I had created are missing also.

The problem happens every time when I try to add a new "Block Service" entry.

I first login to the router and click the advanced tab.

Then I click the "security" tab followed by "block services" tab.

I then proceed to check "always", then I click "ADD".

I select service type "User Defined" and protocol "TCP/UDP".

I select starting port "1"  and ending port "65535" .

I then select "only for this IP address" 192.168.1.32.

I name the service type "Block32"

I click ADD and then I see the entry appear  on the next page in the "service table". I then click apply.

at this point the entry may possibly remain on a reboot, however when I proceed to add another entry the same way(but with different values for another IP i want to block services to also) all entries in the service table disappear.

This touble seems to have started after the most recent firmware update. Before this problem started, I had a multiple entries in the Block Service Table that were working fine. Now, all previous entries have disappeard from the table. It is very unsettling to know that devices that I purposely blocked internet access to were allowed access because of this problem.

I have tried a factory restart. It did not help.

I also tried to re-upload the newest firmare. This also did not help.

I am not sure how I can get an RMA from Netgear. I have only had this MR60 router for about 10 or 11 months. It shows still under warranty. The RMA process seems to send me in circles. How do I get this taken care of before my warranty expires? 

Any help would be appreciated.  THANKS!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7