× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MR63 - How to make satellite connect to another satellite (instead of router)

Netgeeeeaaar
Aspirant

MR63 - How to make satellite connect to another satellite (instead of router)

Hi there,

I have the MR63 Wifi 6 Mesh system with one router and two satellites.

When I first installed this system I had the 'MS60 middle' satellite connected to the 'MR60 router' and I had the 'MS60 far' satellite connected to the 'MR60 router'.

Now, as you can see from the screenshot below, both satellites are connected to the router. The 'MS60 far' satellite is about 30 metres away from the router so I am getting incredibly slow speeds from this satellite.

How do I get the 'MS60 far' satellite to connect to the 'MS60 middle' satellite so that the final signal is stronger?

This is how the system is currently set up which is not good:

IMG_5744.PNG

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Netgeeeeaaar
Aspirant

Re: MR63 - How to make satellite connect to another satellite (instead of router)

I am not sure if the screenshot worked in the original post so here it is again:

IMG_5744 copy.jpg

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR63 - How to make satellite connect to another satellite (instead of router)

Please visit and post about this over in the NH MESH router forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

30 meters maybe too far between the MR and MS. Might try 10-15 meters and see if anything changes? 

Also how you turn on the MS in sequence may help as well. Turn OFF The MS, Then turn on the first nearest MS to the MR. After that try turning ON the farthest MS. 

If the farthest MS is connecting to the MR, try turning down the power output of the MR from 100% to 50%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Thank you.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7