× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mesh network with Nighthawk AC2600

Firescue25
Tutor

Mesh network with Nighthawk AC2600

I have a Nighthawk XR500 AC2600. I would like to find the best mesh setup and/or recommended setup for our 3,000 sq/ft home.
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Are you looking to add a mesh extender, switch over to a mesh system like Orbi, or just add a mesh system like orbi or the MK nighthawk to compliment your coverage? 

Some details help.. 

Message 2 of 7
Firescue25
Tutor

I would like to add the nighthawk mesh satellites to my existing nighthawk gaming router to get great coverage of WiFi.
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

You can add mesh extenders. the MK nighthawk series, you'd add the router (in access point mode) to the XR500. 

That'd allow you to keep the benefits of the XR system with the added coverage of the MK system. 

Just make sure to use different wireless channels between the 2 systems to try and prevent wireless interference

Message 4 of 7
Firescue25
Tutor

Just to make sure I have this, I need to buy the pack with the mk router and satellite to make it work? I could just get the satellites and link them to the xr?
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

The XR500 isn't a mesh router. Uou can't just add satellites to it.

You'd need the MK router that manages the satellites. 

Message 6 of 7
Firescue25
Tutor

You have been a great help! I appreciate it so much.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7