× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model RAX45 5GHz networks keep dropping

cjmarkon
Follower

Model RAX45 5GHz networks keep dropping

I have the following router: Model RAX45
Nighthawk AX6 AX4300 6 -Steam WiFi Router
Firmware Version V1.0.11.112_2.0.77

Both of my 5 GHz networks keep dropping (one is a guest). The non-guest is set to channel 44.

Both 2.4 GHz work fine.

This happens on both the iPhone (iOS15) and Windows 11 (22000.708)

The hard wire always work.

I've done a reboot (via admin page), and reset on unit (both button and power off/on).

Message 1 of 3
jvtech
Aspirant

Re: Model RAX45 5GHz networks keep dropping

I just purchased the RAX38, with the same version of firmware installed, and I am having the same issue. The 2.4 GHz network is fine, but the 5 GHz network is constantly hanging or dropping. Like you, it happens with both Windows and Mac connections. Restarts, restoring to default settings, etc. has not helped the issue.

Strangely enough, when I try to re-upload the firmware (a fix I've seen for others having problems with their netgear routers), I get an error. The firmware downloads as an .img file, and the firmware update instructions in the manual says the firmware will either be a .img or .chk file. Trying to upload the .img file gives me an error: "Please assign the correct file. The file format is *.chk".

Message 2 of 3

Re: Model RAX45 5GHz networks keep dropping

Hi @jvtech , I believe your router is RAX38v2, you should download the F/W in this site https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rax38v2.aspx

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7