× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My AX 4300 Nighthawk router disconnects every night since I upgraded the firmware

Mouradian
Aspirant

My AX 4300 Nighthawk router disconnects every night since I upgraded the firmware

I used to have issues of losing Wi Fi  once a week then every other day since I purchesed the router five months ago and the technical support every time give me new settings to keep it working. now and after i upgraded the firmware to V1.0.2.66_2.0.42 the router become unstable and keep disconnecting every night and when i reboot it it works for minutes and disconnect again and after 8 AM it works normal. i called the tech. support about this issue and they asked me to subscribe and  pay for one year or six months in order to get my router fixed, i felt that i scummed and refused to pay. i think we should get our router fixed without paying. did any body have the same issue? please advise

thank you! 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: My AX 4300 Nighthawk router disconnects every night since I upgraded the firmware

After upgrading the firmware, did you try a factory reset and clean reinstall (not from backup)?

What modem is it connected to? 

When it disconnects, is the wifi dropping entirely and you can see it broadcasting, is it saying "connected, no internet", is it broadcasting but not allowing a connection? What exactly is going on?

Message 2 of 6
Mouradian
Aspirant

Re: My AX 4300 Nighthawk router disconnects every night since I upgraded the firmware

The modem brand is Hitron I got it from Spectrum. I lose all the wi fi signal both 2.4 and 5 G signals. I did many changes in the wireless settings by Netgear tech. Support and I reset to factory settings many times and yesterday I reset it again to factory settings and I waited till the midnight and the wifi goes off again around 2AM.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Have you tried downgrading the firmware a version or 2? 

If you do, do it over a hardwired connection and factory reset after wards. Then do a clean install (not from backup)

Message 4 of 6
Mouradian
Aspirant

Once you upgraded that’s it you can’t downgrade it. I tried when I reset it to factory settings then when I checked for new firmware it said no new firmware update available.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@Mouradian wrote:
Once you upgraded that’s it you can’t downgrade it. I tried when I reset it to factory settings then when I checked for new firmware it said no new firmware update available.

You can't downgrade firmware after upgrading? Who told you that? i routinely switch between firmwares. 

And factory resetting doesn't change firmware, it only clears out old settings. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7