× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My laptop Cannot Find the SSID of my RAX40 router

KelvinKKF
Tutor

My laptop Cannot Find the SSID of my RAX40 router

All of my devices bar one can find the SSID of my new RAX40 router, but my laptop couldn’t...
I’ve checks its network adaptor is Intel Dual Band AC3160... I’ve followed advices I’ve found online to install the latest driver, but to no avail...

Also, I couldn’t finish the setup of my Nighthawk app account, its stuck after I’ve personalised my network. I managed to change the name and password of my router signal, as well as set up the safety questions, but after that the app just said Router Not Found...
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Intels wireless chips need to be on the most recent version to see the ssid.  Many people say they've checked the device driver but only use the automated driver checker or trust in the device manager to update it. this won't work with these ones as they won't recognize being out of date. You need to manually install it.   

Your driver needs to be on version 20.100.5.1 at the current time. You can open your device manager and pull up your wireless driver to see which version you're on.  Which one are you on?

I'd recommend going to the intel website, download the proper driver, and manually install it. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75442/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Intels wireless chips need to be on the most recent version to see the ssid.  Many people say they've checked the device driver but only use the automated driver checker or trust in the device manager to update it. this won't work with these ones as they won't recognize being out of date. You need to manually install it.   

Your driver needs to be on version 20.100.5.1 at the current time. You can open your device manager and pull up your wireless driver to see which version you're on.  Which one are you on?

I'd recommend going to the intel website, download the proper driver, and manually install it. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75442/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3160

Message 2 of 5
KelvinKKF
Tutor

Thanks! It works now!

Although I am still having difficulty in completing the set-up of the Nighthawk App.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Are you able to log into it via the browser? Use a computer and once on your wifi or hardwired in, go to routerlogin.net  from here you should be able to customize the setup. I prefer this method as it gives you more options when setting stuff up on your router. 

Message 4 of 5
KelvinKKF
Tutor

Thanks. For some reason, it suddenly works now...

I was able to login via desktop version of the site www.routerlogin.net, for what it's worth.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7