× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 mod RAX120 routers

alhowe
Follower

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 mod RAX120 routers

I have 2 RAX120 routers. I have one in my house as my main unit connect to the ISP via fiber cable. I have a studio building a couple of hundred feet away where I want to set another router. What I want to do is have the studio cascaded off the house, i.e., I want to have a router in both places. I communicate between the house and the studio via a 350 mhz transmission using EnGenius transceivers. I want to take the internet output from the studio router and connect it to the house router lan input. Is this doable or do I have to either set up the studio router as an access point or get a second internet connection?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 mod RAX120 routers

Are those EnGenius transceivers wireless PTP (point-to-point) bridges?  Not that I know too much about PTP wireless bridges, but once the 2 bridges are connected wirelessly between the 2 locations (in line of sight), you would be able to connect an access point on the receiving bridge (at the studio) via the receiving bridge's ethernet connecter.  I've just never heard of using 350 MHz.

So yes, RAX120 as a router at the main house and the RAX120 at the studio as an access point connected to each other via a wireless PTP bridge instead of a really long ethernet wire.

This YouTube video shows how to setup a wireless PTP bridge, albeit using different equipment, but you can get the basic idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAdQv9eViOQ

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7