× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX35-100NAS) Intallantion

afprinter
Follower

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX35-100NAS) Intallantion

I have purchased a new AX3000 router for my home. I have tried setting it up via the app, but have been unable to. I do not have a modem and I have a cable direct to the router that I am replacing. All of the info I have seen talks about a modem & router in the setup instructions. I am a novice about computer networks etc. and understanding description terms about this.

I am running Windows 10 at home that my wifi network is connected to. 

How do I setup the new router so that it is conected direct to the internet cable supply? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX35-100NAS) Intallantion

What is supplying this ethernet jack that you plug into the router?

That's kind of key. 

Who's your ISP?

Another thing you can try is netgear routers come with 90 days of free support. If you click "mynetgear" at the top, register an account and then your device, you can contact support for help with the setup. it sometimes goes a bit faster than the forum can. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7