× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX5700 Wi-Fi 6 Router vs. NETGEAR Nighthawk 6-Stream AX4300 WiFi 6 Ro

th3doormatt
Follower

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX5700 Wi-Fi 6 Router vs. NETGEAR Nighthawk 6-Stream AX4300 WiFi 6 Ro

Hopefully someone can help with this, I was just wondering what the main differences are between the two models and why one is more superior than the other, despite both offering WiFi 6.

I'm in an apartment at the moment, tiny, but moving to a townhouse in about 6 months.

I have Verizon Fios and would like to ditch their router for my own. I previously had Xfinity and have a DOCSIS Nighthawk, but it doesn't have a WAN port, so I can't use it for Fios and would like to purchase one of the aforementioned from Costco.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX5700 Wi-Fi 6 Router vs. NETGEAR Nighthawk 6-Stream AX4300 WiFi

Its kind of just like it sounds.

AX4300 is a 6 stream router. its got a 2x2-antenna 480mbs 2.4ghz connection and a 4x4 antenna 3840mbps 5ghz connection

AX5700 is a 8 stream 4x4 antenna 920mbps 2.4ghz setup with a 4x4 antenna 4.8gbps 5ghz signal. 

In terms of your current device. Fios a lot of times sets up people with their gateway and router combo device. If that's so, there's a mothod of making a combo device work as an an access point. You can read about it in this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Can-I-use-a-C6300-cable-modem-without-cable-in...

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7