× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR’s Nighthawk AX5400

TexasBrit
Follower

NETGEAR’s Nighthawk AX5400

Will this work pugged into a combination cablemodem/wireless routr unit? My cable company no longer provides basic cable modems anymore and they all come with built in wireless capability tht cannot be disabled.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR’s Nighthawk AX5400

Some modem/router combo device have a modem only mode. Or a passthrough mode. 

If so, you can hook up the netgear router with the netgear device running in router mode.

If the modem/router combo device doesn't support modem only/passthrough mode, then you can put the netgear device in access point mode and use it for the wireless and ethernet ports. 

Message 2 of 5
LarryLeitzel
Aspirant

Thank you. 

I the network security key to type in to my computer.   is this cable box from xfinty or on my netgear nighthawk Ax5400

Message 3 of 5
LarryLeitzel
Aspirant

Yes l know that.    l need to know to find the "network security key number" so l can type it in to my computer.   eather on cable compay provided cable modem or my netgear nighthawk router.     witch one where

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you changed it from the defaults (which can be found on the label) you can hardwire directly into the router and log into it. from there you can access the wireless ssid/password info. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7