× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIGHTHAWK RAX80 AX6000 Wifi 6 Router- 2.4GHz slow speeds

sachk
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK RAX80 AX6000 Wifi 6 Router- 2.4GHz slow speeds

Firmware Version: V1.0.4.120_1.0.61

Router: NIGHTHAWK RAX80 AX6000 8 Stream Wifi 6

Hi All,

I am getting really slow speeds from my router. I have an internet connection providing 145 Mbps but, the 2.4Ghz mode from the Wifi router only ever outputs around 50 Mbps however, the 5Ghz mode works fine. The 2.4 Ghz mode used to work fine until we had our internet connection upgraded.

Any ideas what could be the cause of the slow speeds in the 2.4Ghz mode and how to solve this?

Thanks,

All

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: NIGHTHAWK RAX80 AX6000 Wifi 6 Router- 2.4GHz slow speeds

2.4ghz is a slow network and sensitive to interference. 

have you tried changing which channel you're broadcasting on? 

What speeds were you gettin gover 2.4ghz?

Message 2 of 4
sachk
Aspirant

Hi @plemans 

Before the internet upgrade the speed was 50Mbps and we were getting the full 50Mbps over 2.4Ghz mode. Now the internet connection has been upgraded to 145Mbps I'm expecting approximately 145Mbps over 2.4Ghz mode. But unfortunelty we're getting speeds of around 40Mbps which makes me think something is wrong.

I have tried changing the channels by using a Wifi Scanner app and the settings page for the router but still no joy. I have NOT tried a factory reset, do you think this is worth trying out? Would you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Factory reset is worth a shot. 

I wouldn't expect 145mbps out of 2.4ghz. Its a slow network.

If you're in an area with zero interferene and are close the router, 100mbps might be more realistic

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7