× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need To Connect My Cameras Outside Of My Network

Mare86
Follower

Need To Connect My Cameras Outside Of My Network

We can see our camera when connected to our WiFi home network.  When when not on our home network, I do not have camera access.

Can anyone help in how I need to set this up?   Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact the Mfr of the camera for there help and support regarding there products. They should have this information. 

Message 2 of 3
Razor512
Prodigy

You will need to provide additional detain about what you are trying to do, but from what little I can guess, it seems alomst as if you are trying to access an IP camera remotely when you are not at home.

In such a case, you could check if your specific router offers a VPN server function, if it doesm then the following may work.

You will need to sign up for a ddns service like no-ip https://www.noip.com/

After adding the ddns settings, you can then enable the VPN server on the router, and follow the setup instructions provided on the VPN page.

Beyond that, if the camera is one of those cloud reliant ones, or the hybrid kind such as many of the Amcrest cameras, then you will need to follow the setup instructions provided by the camera.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7