× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help with connecting phone line to RAX120

Anay0810
Follower

Need help with connecting phone line to RAX120

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to connect a telehone to the RAX120 router.

This has 4 RJ45 networking ports. Would it help if I use an adaptor to convert RJ11 into an RJ45 and then connect it to the router?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Need help with connecting phone line to RAX120

@Anay0810 wrote:

Hi,

This has 4 RJ45 networking ports. Would it help if I use an adaptor to convert RJ11 into an RJ45 and then connect it to the router?

Why do you want to connect a phone to the RAX120? What are you attempting to do here? The RAX120 is not a dsl modem and doesn't have DECT built into it.  

If you want you can make an adapter but it isn't going to do anything other than maybe wreck your router. 

If you want to connect a phone to a router you need something like a voip setup or a router designed for phone service. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Need help with connecting phone line to RAX120

@Anay0810 wrote:

Hi,

Why do you want to connect a phone to the RAX120? What are you attempting to do here? The RAX120 is not a dsl modem and doesn't have DECT built into it.  

If you want you can make an adapter but it isn't going to do anything other than maybe wreck your router. 

If you want to connect a phone to a router you need something like a voip setup or a router designed for phone service. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7