× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need model guidance

WDW12
Follower

Need model guidance

I currently have a Linksys E9500.  I am considering replacing it with one of the Wi-Fi 6 routers but I have no way of comparing specs with the Linksys.  

I see that your Wi-Fi 6 lineup consisted of 4, 8 and 12 stream models.  Because of the prices, I would lean towards the 4 stream model but don’t know how that compares to the Linksys.

Also, I have quite a few smart devices connected and two 4K TVs.  I don’t do gaming but I do stream.  If the 4 stream model cannot manage that load, I don’t think that I can afford the higher stream models right now.

Can you offer some guidance?  I would appreciate your timely feedback.  Thanks.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
slompochomp
Guide

Re: Need model guidance

Well it looks like you answerred your own question, I'd say grab the Nighthawk AX4 and if you feel it's not doing what you need return it and get the AX120 or AX200 when you can aford it. Truth is the Linksys E9500 is a Tri Band router and the AX4 is not so it would sorta be a downgred for you. I am currenly testing the RAX200 which is a Tri-Band router also and I would suggest you get that when it is released. It is expansive, but if your looking to future proof your network it's is well worth it.
RAX200

Message 2 of 3

Re: Need model guidance

@slompochomp wrote:

.... I would suggest you get that when it is released. It is expansive, but if your looking to future proof your network it's is well worth it.

Sound advice. Might even wait a bit. The AX series seems to be "work in progress". Various bug reports and missing features.

The whole AX thing seems to be public beta at buyers' expense.

Give it time to settle down.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7