× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need to Reboot RAX35 for intermittant wifi dropping after 2 weeks

mulfman1
Tutor

Need to Reboot RAX35 for intermittant wifi dropping after 2 weeks

Ever since we have been under Stay at Home, it seems like every 2-3 weeks I have to reboot my router as I will start to experience the wifi dropping on my 3 laptops in use at home.  The wired computers/devices work fine, but not the 3 laptops.  They will drop wifi every 30 minutes or so, even though 1 of them is 10 feet from the router.  I have Verizon gigabit service so plenty of ISP bandwith.  I did notice I am using about 14 GB of data a day through the router.  Once I reboot it, is seems to be better for awhile.  I hooked this router up in early January 2020 and never had to reboot until the end of March.  Since then, 3 reboots.  Anyone else having a similar issue?  Seems like a memory not clearing bug in the router...

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Freshuser
Aspirant

I have the same problem. It is needed to reboot every 30 mins.
Message 2 of 6
mulfman1
Tutor

Just had to do it again.  I think this is a bug n the software.  some table gets to full or something...

Message 3 of 6
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

Same issue here, drops randomoly throughtout the day. When will a firmware patch be released to correct these issues?

Message 4 of 6
patrickbedgood
Apprentice

My router has started freezing up, just at random everything drops offline and I have to force reboot on the router. Is anyone having similar issues after upgrading to the latest firmware release V1.0.3.80_1.0.1?

Message 5 of 6
Eagle-Two
Apprentice

@patrickbedgoodI have the same issue with firmware V1.0.3.80 on RAX35. I downgraded to V1.0.3.62 and disabled AX and have been stable for about 10 days.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7