× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nest Outdoor Camera drops WIfi (5ghz) after a few days (Firmware 1.0.2.88

kgowen
Aspirant

Nest Outdoor Camera drops WIfi (5ghz) after a few days (Firmware 1.0.2.88

Hello all,

I have a frustrating issues with this RAX 200 I spent crazy money on.  For some reason, after a few days, one of the nest Cameras I have drops for several minutes at a time, then comes back.  This happens continually until I reset the router and then It will be fine for a couple more days.   The wifi connection at the camera is good on other devices.  Typically, I get over 300 mbps at the location of the camera.  I did not have this issue with my previous router which was a AC5300 X8.   Other devices on my network do not seem to have this issue, however, I am not as observant to downtime on other devices since it is not related to home security.   I am only reaching out here as it seems that rebooting the router is the only solution to this.   Rebooting the nest came does not resolve it.   Any idea what could be wrong?  I do not want have to reboot this router every few days because of this.  Id call netgear, but all they will do is charge me money to have me repeat the steps I already took.    I have also factory reset the router with same results.   I am running latest firmware 1.0.2.88.   Is there a new one coming soon.?   I checked the netgear site at one point and it showed a new version, but then it all of a sudden disappeared.   I have an extended warrant with Best Buy but would love to just resolve this without that hassle.  

Thank in advance

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nest Outdoor Camera drops WIfi (5ghz) after a few days (Firmware 1.0.2.88

Hello kgowen, 

I currently have a trial firmware available that may help with your issues. If you're interested, please send me a private message with your serial number and email address.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7