× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear 41

boxo
Follower

Netgear 41

I recently bought a Netgear 41.  It worked fine but this week instead of showing up as Netgear 41 and Netgear 41 5G in our available networks it shows up as Netgear 53 and Netgear 53 5G.  Our password does not work to access it and when pushing the button to connect without password it also doesn't work.  Troubleshooting the connection on my laptop says the router is not connected to the internet.  I have tried it in two different houses with different internet providers, used different ethernet cables and determined that it is not a cable issue and that it is in fact calling itself Netgear 53.  I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas.  I've had it for less than a month.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
rinthos
Luminary

Re: Netgear 41

Hate to say it, but try a Factory Reset using the button on the back and a paperclick...Time to reconfigure it if it's changed the SSID without you changing anything.

Also if you look on the bottom of the device I am assuming it says the default SSID is Netgear 41?

If no-go after you factory reset it, then sounds like it's definately messed up.

Assuming this is the RAX40 model as Netgear41 SSID is one of many possible default SSIDs it may have come with?

Instructions for factory reset: https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 2 of 3

Re: Netgear 41

@boxo wrote:

I recently bought a Netgear 41.

That's not a Netgear model. More like a wifi SSID as @rinthos says.

Is this a RAX40 as billed in your footer?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7