× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CM1200 to Rax200 WAN aggregation not working ?

branchbiker
Apprentice

Re: CM1200 to Rax200 WAN aggregation slows down (requires reboot)

If you disconnect Port 1 on the router (the 2nd aggregation) speeds return to normal.  You don't actually have ot reboot the router or the CB.  This is just an observation, nothing still that fixes the issue.  There is now a case open with engineering to look into this.

Message 26 of 30
K0walskiK0rwa
Aspirant

Re: Netgear CM1200 to Rax200 WAN aggregation not working ?

So today was the last straw for rax200. This device stop connecting to the modem. I tray to factory reset multipletimes with no go. Tray diffrent wires with same results. IT got replace with my old R9000, and when all the updates on it was done is working like a charm and it is faster then rax200. If you take a look at the picure i did i have much better speeds that i had with rax200. Nothing is cut in half going thru router, and i had connected all external around 20 of them. Dont know what happen with it but as you can see from my post i had a lot of problems with this device. I dont know now, if the next router will be a netger or i will look for something else. Thank you for all you support communty, it was for sure much better then the customer service while it last. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 27 of 30
4estOC
Guide

If Netgear doesn't release new Firmware for their most expensive cable modem and most expensive Router soon, I will be leaving Netgear for good. They need to focus less on their never ending hardware launches are start putting good firmware support into the devices they sell. This is absurd the product does not work as advertised 6 months after release!

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 28 of 30
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello 4estOC, 

May you perform the following and let me know if you run into any issues: 

1. Factory reset the router by holding down on the reset button with a pin/needle for 15+ seconds

2. Enable port aggregation on the CM1200 and RAX200

3. Ensure the RAX200 is connected to the CM1200

4. Check the WAN aggregation status on the RAX200 admin page (the status should state "active")

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 29 of 30
K0walskiK0rwa
Aspirant

Hi Christian 

I perform all those steps multiple times with same results. So im done doing this. Like i said im back to my old device with much better performance after update the firemaware to newst version. Mybe i just goint to use this rax200 as a very expensive access point. 

thanks.

Message 30 of 30
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7