× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk AX12

Xiong
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk AX12

The router frequently disconnects, prompting no IP address, unable to connect to the IP for a long time

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AX12

What firmware is on the router? 

What modem/gateway is it connect to? 

When it disconnects, is it wired devices, wireless devices, all devices? 

Does it say "connected, no internet" or does it drop off the network entirely? 

Have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall? The RAX devices got quite a few firmware changes and have responded well to factory reset/reinstalls. 

Message 2 of 8
Xiong
Aspirant

Ax12 is the latest firmware. I can’t connect to the network but the Wifi is connected normally. If there is no network, the router needs to be restarted for normal operation. The same problem exists when I restore the factory settings.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Xiong wrote:

Ax12 is the latest firmware.---no its not. AX12 isn't a firmware number. I can’t connect to the network but the Wifi is connected normally----This makes zero sense. you can't connect but you can connect?. If there is no network, the router needs to be restarted for normal operation. The same problem exists when I restore the factory settings.

And the other info? LIke modem/gateway?

Please make sure to be details and precise. We aren't there to see what you're doing/done. 

Message 4 of 8
Xiong
Aspirant

v1.0.1.122 is the latest firmware

Message 5 of 8
Coreyzbz
Tutor

Rax80 with latest update firmware(v1.0.3.98_1.0.46). Keep losing connection with internet but WiFi signal works fine. Problems came up after I updated, never faced it before.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 8
CJRATLIFF
Aspirant

I just installed this router and had my laptop WIFI disconnect twice in 4 hours.  If this router is junk I need to return ASAP.  I changed my NTP setting, changed DNS to Google and disabled broadcast of SSID for guest.  I will see what happens.

Router Firmware Version V1.0.2.136

Should I just return???  Is this product junk?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

@CJRATLIFF I'd recommend starting your own thread. You're on different firmware and talking different routers. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7