× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk RAX30-100AUS unable to connect to external and internal Minecraft Servers

Dwarfboysim
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk RAX30-100AUS unable to connect to external and internal Minecraft Servers

Hi all,

I have the NETGEAR - NIGHTHAWK RAX30 WIFI6 ROUTER which I have used to replace my Telstra Smart Modem 2.  My internet connection is FTTP (Fibre to The Premises) NBN.

So far I am loving the router it is much more powerful and faster than my Telstra router/modem.  I have one problem that I have 2 problems I have been unable to figure out:

1. I have a Minecraft bedrock Server hosted with Server.Pro.  Before changing over the router I could connect to it quite happily.  But with the Netgear router in place I cannot.  I use the server DNS name provided by the Host and the provided port number and it will not connect.  If I use the IP address and the port number it works.  Outside of my home network I can connect to the server fine using its name.

2. I have a box inside my network that hosts 4 bedrock minecraft servers all on different ports.  With the Telstra modem I had the IP set as fixed and put the necessary entries in my Windows firewall and also the necessary port forwards into the Routers firewall.  I have entered their port forwards into the new Netgear device then tried to test from outside to see if the port is open but it just times out.  Is there somewhere else i have to go in the modem to enable these or change the routers firewall?

Thanks,

Dwarfboysim

Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Nighthawk RAX30-100AUS unable to connect to external and internal Minecraft Servers

@Dwarfboysim wrote:

Hi all,

I have the NETGEAR - NIGHTHAWK RAX30 WIFI6 ROUTER which I have used to replace my Telstra Smart Modem 2.  My internet connection is FTTP (Fibre to The Premises) NBN.

Might be better in the appropriate section for that router.

Moved.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7