× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 cannot connect to more than one device

matthiastrek
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 cannot connect to more than one device

I have a netgear nighthawk RAX40 which allows me to connect to more than one device wirelessly, but for some reason, only one device can connect to it at a time. I have to switch between my phone and my laptop. Does anyone know why this is the case? I also cannot connect to the router settings, whenever I try to go to routerlogin.net, the webpage says I am not connected to the wifi network when I am. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 cannot connect to more than one device

You put you have the RAX40. 

1. what firmware is on it? 

2. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

3. is it only wired device? wireless devices? 

Message 2 of 4
matthiastrek
Aspirant

I don't know what firmware it is on. I assume the app would tell you that. I try to use the app to connect to the router, but it can't.

Also not sure about the modem/gateway. I don't use a modem, the router is connected to my apartment building's setup.

No wired devices, it's all wireless devices trying to connect via wifi (laptop, phone, etc)

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Makes it a challenge with apartment supplied setups as you don't know what they have setup controlling it. Or even how they have it configured. 
have you contacted your apartment complex's IT person? 

they might need to allow your router onto the network.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7