× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Premier Beta program and the new RAX200

GelatinousFury
Initiate

Netgear Premier Beta program and the new RAX200

Hello,

Today I received my email invitation into the Netgear Premier Beta, and I also see that Netgear just announced the RAX200 router as well.  If If my understanding is correct, the Netgear Premier Beta program gets you a RAX120 router currently; once the RAX200 is launched will the Netgear Premier Beta program be updated such that a RAX200 lease is included instead of the RAX120?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
avtella
Prodigy

Re: Netgear Premier Beta program and the new RAX200

The RAX200 is essentially an RAX80 with an extra 5Ghz band plus the 2.5 Gb port. Sale date I believe is June 19 according to Amazon, so I’m guessing testing is probably over.

The RAX120 uses a completely different chipset (Qualcomm) and dare I say is probably more advanced and probably still being tested. Kinda like how The Qualcomm based R7800 was more advanced than the R8500 despite the lower model number.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
avtella
Prodigy

The RAX200 is essentially an RAX80 with an extra 5Ghz band plus the 2.5 Gb port. Sale date I believe is June 19 according to Amazon, so I’m guessing testing is probably over.

The RAX120 uses a completely different chipset (Qualcomm) and dare I say is probably more advanced and probably still being tested. Kinda like how The Qualcomm based R7800 was more advanced than the R8500 despite the lower model number.
Message 2 of 3
GelatinousFury
Initiate

Thanks very much for the clarification.  I was mistaken thinking that the RAX200 was simply an upgraded RAX120.  I'll go ahead with the RAX120 in the beta program.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7